Thursday, May 24, 2007

I got my ears pierced today (second one, the first doesn't count since it was done when I was a baby and I have no memory of it) !!! Landmark in my life!! For the people who don’t know me, my fear of needles and pain of any kind is legendary. From the time I remember, the stories of my visits to doctors of all kinds have been a great source of entertainment to my family and friends. And for a person like me, to voluntary inflict pain on myself was sort of a surprise – for me!

I don’t know what made me do it, maybe was the boredom (most of the radical decisions I make in life are out of boredom, but lets save that for another day) or maybe it was seeing the Swedes with piercings everywhere – if they can have it at the weirdest places, why can’t I, or maybe just my never ending quest to try just about everything. Whatever the reason was, I am glad I went through it, not because I look any different from what I did, or that I have changed from the person who cries so much as sitting in front of a dentist, but because I have overcome my fear. And that for me is a sense of achievement.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shilpa u will always belong to the entire country !!! Mother India tujhe salaam !!!

Madhulika Goel said...

ears pierced so wat !!!!#%$%&#%$#%$...??? hahahaha

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work ;) Ramble on!

About the blog

I don’t promise to make it one of the most intellectual or even the most interesting of the blogs. This is my space and hence would contain anything that holds my attention – a movie, a road trip, an experience, or sometimes even my never ending list of complaints - Basically ramblings from my wandering mind.
Read if you have the time and the inclination, nothing earth shattering will happen if you don’t.
If you do decide to read it, comments most welcome!

Fans of intelligent writing!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP