My retirement plan Ver 100.1 :-)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007


One of my Swedish colleague took pity on me (I am in the south of Sweden in another plant right now) and took me boating on his speed boat in the lake nearby. He did warn me though, since it was windy and drizzling, that we might come across rough waters, and that his boat was small, so if I was scared, I needed to rethink.

My love for water, and the sense of adventure, just couldn’t stop me. The combination of the cold wind on my hair, ice cold water splashing all over my face, the waves which were small to look at but gave us a scare more than a couple of times and the fact that we didn’t have our life jackets on made it an experience I will never forget. My thoughtful colleague also brought along with him some coffee which we had on one of the islands – as the Swedish say, it was "Perfekt".

While sipping our cups of coffee, amidst all that beauty, we decided to go try and see some moose. So after the sailing adventure, we drove a little away into the woods, to see if we could get lucky. Didn’t get lucky with the moose, but saw a deer, and witnessed the country side, which was good enough for me. The respect and love that the Swedes have for the environment is something that I am still getting used to. In anything they do, they take into account the effect of it on the environment. No wonder this place is breathtakingly beautiful (not forgetting that there are far less people here).

After experiencing a little bit of the Swedish adventure, I plan to quit working when I am 40, buy a cottage on one of the islands here and spend the rest of my life pursuing wildlife photography. That way I guess I’ll have enough food for my never ending appetite of the nature, good photographs added with a lot of fun!

What’s the harm in dreaming!!....

0 comments:

About the blog

I don’t promise to make it one of the most intellectual or even the most interesting of the blogs. This is my space and hence would contain anything that holds my attention – a movie, a road trip, an experience, or sometimes even my never ending list of complaints - Basically ramblings from my wandering mind.
Read if you have the time and the inclination, nothing earth shattering will happen if you don’t.
If you do decide to read it, comments most welcome!

Fans of intelligent writing!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP